Calibration and accuracy in pH / ORP measurement – One Day Course
Spending too much, time spent maintaining, drifting
A lot of time and money is spent on accurate pH and ORP measurements in process. It is very easy to spend a lot of money on seemingly inexpensive sensors; operators lose a lot of time to switching out sensors and correcting incorrect calibrations. Additionally, plants are very conscious of maximising their yields, and accurate sensor equipment is a critical part of this.
This one day course outlines optimum calibration and measurement methods to obtain the most accurate pH and ORP measurements possible in process environments.
Topics covered in this course include:
- How and why pH and ORP are measured.
- The anatomy of a pH sensor.
- Sensor selection for your processes.
- How and why pH sensors are calibrated.
- Different calibration methods available, and which method is most applicable.
- Cleaning pH and ORP sensors.
- Different error sources in pH and ORP measurements, and ways to combat them.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of pH and ORP measurements.
- Select an appropriate sensor for your various process environments.
- Identify and minimise error sources in process measurements.
- Select the most suitable calibration method for your process measurement.
- Clean pH and ORP sensors to improve sensor accuracy and lifetime.
Cost: $750 ex GST per person, minimum 6 people. Please contact us in regards to course availability and locations, on-site training is also available.